[ale] Pyhon syntax

fletch at phydeaux.org fletch at phydeaux.org
Wed Jan 26 10:27:52 EST 2005

    Benjamin> Absolutely - I think python should be the primary
    Benjamin> introductory language for high level programming and it
    Benjamin> would serve as an excellent choice for most programming
    Benjamin> projects a developer is likely to encounter in his
    Benjamin> carreer. I honestly can't think of a better language to
    Benjamin> introduce a new programmer to that will actually be
    Benjamin> useful later on in 'real life'.

Python -- Pascal for the new millennium :)

/me goes back to reading the new edition of _Programming Ruby_ . . .

And as a disclaimer, yes you should try Python (at least enough until
you get the bad taste in your mouth :).  And Perl, of course.  And give
Ruby a look (or at least glance at the "Poignant Guide" for the star
monkeys; http://poignantguide.net/ruby/).  If you can pick up one of
{Perl,Ruby,Python} and a smattering of C you'll be able to handle most
anything.

fletch at phydeaux.org|  Vincent, you should cease askin'          \ o.O'