[ale] Consumer Rights Legal Issues presentation [was: Seeking LVM presentation]

aaron aaron at pd.org
Tue Jan 25 10:16:58 EST 2005

On Tuesday 25 January 2005 08:32, Michael Hirsch wrote:
> [...]

[-- Except we do...  :-) ]

> > Since ALE Central meets in the Law Library at Emory it shouldn't
> > be hard to find a knowledgeable professor to explain/discuss contract
> > law as it pertains to in-home broadband usage (consumer rights),
> > DeCSS (trademark/copyright violations), etc.
> >  I volunteer to do the legwork to locate a resource, anyone interested in
> > hearing what they would have to say?
>
> You get the speaker, we'll let him/her/it speak.  There's lots of interest.

It was just last October (04) that Doug Bridges gave the ALE Central meeting a
wonderful overview of I.P. law that covered a lot of territory in fair use
and trademark. Perhaps he would be willing to follow up on these more
specific issues?

I will also bring this up with EFGA tonight. These are topic areas they
regularly address in both legislative and legal domains and they may be able
to provide some speaker ideas.

As a related heads up, EFGA is in planning for a presentation about Anti-Spam
suites and legislation by a leading lawyer in the area. Tentative date is
Feb. 15th, and I should have confirmations and details to post by tomorrow.

peace
aaron