[ale] comcast static IP?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Jan 25 07:04:18 EST 2005

Jim Popovitch wrote:

> Whatever dude.  Your own text at the top disproves what you just typed.
> How can someone have a poor set of ethics and none at all.  I realize
> you mean it candidly, regardless you are still the one saying it. ;-)

My point was based on your statement regarding DeCSS and the DMCA:

Jason D.> Are you trolling or being deliberately obtuse?  It's doesn't
Jason D.> matter whether we can "see through" the DeCSS case; it is
Jason D.> still illegal.

Jim P.: You shouldn't do it then.  I will, and I don't see myself
Jim P.: getting into any trouble over it.  YMMV.'

My take on that is, because you don't see yourself getting caught, it's
okay to do it.  That is questionable ethics.  Oh yeah, ignorance of the
law is not a defense.

In the event anyone else is still following this thread, I'm finished
with it. (do I hear applause? Sighs of relief?)

--
Until later, Geoffrey