[ale] This list is flooding with messages

Jerald Sheets jsheets at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 24 13:44:05 EST 2005

Yeah, I have to second that.

This is an unmoderated list.  Unlike, for instance, the DC area SAGE group,
(they have dc-sage which is moderated for Q/A only and dc-sage-chat for
everything else) absolutely everything hits this list.

I just got back onto the list in April (I think) and trashed something like
6000 messages a month ago.  You can expect very high volume, but a very high
level of knowledge and experience on this list.  Also, you'll find lots of
networking opportunities should you ever be in the market for a job.

I'd just sit back and pay attention to the topics that you like, and ignore
the ones that don't apply.

Jerald M. Sheets jr.
Sr. UNIX Systems Administrator
McKesson, Inc.