[ale] "easy to use" database

Michael Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Mon Jan 24 13:11:46 EST 2005

Greg
> Freemyer
> Sent: Friday, January 21, 2005 6:13 PM
> To: Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts
> Subject: Re: [ale] "easy to use" database
>
> On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 19:30:47 -0500, Jeff Hubbs <hbbs at comcast.net>
wrote:
> > That kind of ordered-data thing sounds like something you could do
in
> > Zope without even doing any real coding.
> >
> > Jeff
>
> Not knowing anything about Zope, would it be a good choice to develop
> a simple database entry screen that could be used internally by about
> 5 of us.  Learning curve and multi-user aspects across the LAN are my
> two main concerns.
>
> The database itself could be anything (MySQL, etc.), and will likely
> only have a couple thousand entries for a long time.  (I assume Zope
> is just a front-end).

Zope can be used as a front end for many databases, but it include
within it the zdb, an object database written in python.

I suspect that Jeff is right about it being easy to do with Zope, but
that presupposes that you know a little Zope.  Back when I was playing
with Zope, it was kinda confusing to get started, but it is very
powerful and cool.

Michael