[ale] Subject Closed - This list is flooding with messages

Ben Le ble at pcc.edu
Mon Jan 24 12:22:48 EST 2005

OK! now I know what is the purpose of this list for. My HP Linux instructor
was wrong about this list. This subject is closed to prevent further
flooding email traffic. Thanks for verification.

Ben

At 12:09 PM 1/24/2005 -0500, Geoffrey wrote:
>Ben Le wrote:
>>I am new with this Linux list. I know this list is very helpful for Linux
>>users. However, have all of you noticed that this list is flooding with
>>messages and most of the messages have nothing to do with Linux? For
>>example, this list lately is flooding with hundred of messages about
>>phone services and ISP (comcast, Qwest, Bellsouth...) that has nothing to
>>do with Linux....
>
>As one of the guilty parties on the thread you're referring to, I'll share
>with you that this will happen every now and again on this list. It's not
>the norm.  But, because it is a localized list, that is, primary members
>are in the Atlanta, GA area, you'll find there's more of a social
>environment on this list then many of the larger global lists.
>
>That being said, you'll also find that this list does contain a number of
>highly skilled Linux users and should find it a great resource.
>
>I'll apologize for the off topic thread, but can't guarantee it'll be the
>last.  Many of the folks on this list not only post to the list, but also
>attend one of the three meetings held monthly in the Atlanta area.  This
>why you often time see postings that demonstrate more social presence then
>most lists.
>
>--
>Until later, Geoffrey

Benjamin Le
Sr. Systems Administrator
Information Technology Services
Portland Community College
Voice:(503)-977-4736   Fax:(503)-977-8124
Mailto:ble at pcc.edu           http://www.pcc.edu