[ale] Load...

Jim Patterson unixdude at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 21:06:31 EST 2005

David,

> I have system were top is giving this...
>
> top - 10:14:05 up 13 days, 14:01,  1 user,  load average: 3.00, 3.00, 3.00
> Tasks:  56 total,   1 running,  55 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
> Cpu(s):   0.3% user,   0.0% system,   0.0% nice,  99.7% idle

It looks like you have some processes that are hitting the run queue, and
then boucing right back out.  You may be able to see them if you try:

ps -eo state,pid,cmd | grep ^R

A few times and look for the common process.  I've seen this happen with
jobs that are reading from something that is returning an error but the app
never stops even after the error.  But it can happen for many other reasons
as well.

Jim P.