[ale] Load...

David Corbin dcorbin at machturtle.com
Sun Jan 23 10:23:19 EST 2005

I have system were top is giving this...

top - 10:14:05 up 13 days, 14:01,  1 user,  load average: 3.00, 3.00, 3.00
Tasks:  56 total,   1 running,  55 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
Cpu(s):   0.3% user,   0.0% system,   0.0% nice,  99.7% idle

Notice how the load average is exactly 3.00 for all 1, 5 and 15 minutes.  Yet,
the system is substantially idle.  This is pretty odd to begin with, but
given the number of automated process on this system, the eveness is quite
disturbing.

The system does seem to be a bit slugish when used interactively.
"ps ax" yields nothing that looks suspicious to me, but I'm not sure that's
worth much.

Ideas?

David