[ale] comcast static IP?

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Sat Jan 22 21:20:59 EST 2005

What's with calling it unreasonable for a company to fail to provide
service that you're paying for?

Bellsouth behaves like this routinely.  When I lived in Sandy Springs
and had BS-carried DSL from some other provider (I can't remember who
now), one day the DSL carrier vanished and it never returned.  I think
it took over a month and I finally gave up and went AT&T (later
Comcast).  The ISP was very hard to deal with but it seemed like the
dead end was Bellsouth.  BS wouldn't cooperate with them and they
wouldn't cooperate with me either.  As long as BS was in a position to
influence other ISP providers' service and as soon as BS was offering
their own DSL service, BS had little to lose by pounding its competitors
- into the teeth of their competitor's customers.