[ale] comcast static IP?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Jan 22 14:57:14 EST 2005

Jim Popovitch wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-01-22 at 11:29 -0500, Geoffrey wrote:
>

>>I will never use BellSouth services again.
>
> Geoff,
>
> Just what is it about BellSouth that has caused you to just absolutely
> dispise them?  It seems that everytime someone makes an ALE post, with
> the work BellSouth in it, you just have to fire off your discontent.  Is
> this a "middle-age angry white-guy" thing or is it more serious?

Actually, I'm beyond middle age, I think...

I've posted to the list regarding my issues in the past.  It is in fact
based on fact.

1. When my 2nd line went dead, I contacted BellSouth and was told it
would be fixed in 3 days.  What kind of service is that?  Further, it
turns out that a technican had screwed it up while working with other
services, yet they did not expedite repairing the problem they caused.

2. BellSouth constantly get's in the way of other providers, whether
it's local service or dsl.  This is not competitive, it is
anti-competitive.  They are the reason you can't get dsl without a
dialtone via Speedfactory.

3.  I've often (as in > 10 times) caught BellSouth Techs using my 2nd
phone line to place calls when in the field.  I was told that this is a
common practice.  Further I caught one guy talking trash to his girl.  I
was told that they'll pick a 2nd line since it's assumed it's a fax or
something.  Doesn't matter if you're expecting a call or something now
does it?

4. When contacting BellSouth for service I received the same attitude
from the cust. dis-service persons.  In two different situations, I made
the comment that I did not think that they were cust. oriented and that
I might consider taking my business elsewhere.  Both responded in the
same way, offering to assist me disconnect my service.

5. I recently had a client move to a new location.  BellSouth screwed up
one of their voice lines when setting up the dsl.  At the time, that
line was their connectivity to the internet.  Dial tone gone, no
internet.  The next BellSouth tech told me that who ever tried to setup
the dsl was an idiot (his words).  He'd swapped the trans./rec. and had
left some hardware completely out of the dslam.  He said it would never
have worked.

Need more?  Incompetence, arrogance, customer dis-service and a local
monopoly that acts like one.

--
Until later, Geoffrey