[ale] Hylafax and Vonage

Steve Tynor stevejunk at iintiip.com
Wed Jan 19 17:25:03 EST 2005

Brandon Colbert wrote:

| Upon switching to Vonage, we have lost the ability to connect with
| many of our clients.  30-40% of incoming faxes don't complete and
| about the same number of outgoing ones do not complete. Are there any special settings in hylafax to get it to work correctly over VOIP?

Is your connection set at max bandwidth?  When I experiemented with the
"bandwidth saver" options on my Vonage connection, I had problems with
my fax machine; when the "bandwidth saver" was set to the highest
settings, I've not had any problems (admittedly, I don't fax much, so i
may just be lucky).

Steve