[ale] Upgrade hell

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 18 22:30:45 EST 2005

Cor,
Is this a Sony Viao?  If so, what is the video chipset in the laptop?
You may have a problem related to that chipset.  I had a Dell Latitude
that ran fine under SuSE 7.1 but has all kinds of low level problems
under 9.1.  I think a bug was introduced and never fixed for the
Neomagic chipsets.  I had the Neomagic256ZX in the Latitude.
Dow