[ale] Debian sound part II - FIXED

Jay Loden jloden at toughguy.net
Sun Jan 16 03:24:38 EST 2005

Well, I finally booted off of a newly-downloaded live CD, and
copied /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base, aliases, and modprobe.conf from the live CD
to the install.

I also removed /etc/alsa/modutils.d and /etc/alsa/dev.d from my install,
because they seem to be screwed up remnants of udev (??)

I started up KDE, and whammo - sound is back.

Don't know which part of it fixed it, but at least it's working now.

-Jay