[ale] SUSE 9.2

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Sat Jan 15 17:35:59 EST 2005

I've upgraded a number of times, and it usually is not a problem.
The biggest factors I've run into are:

It takes a *lot* longer to upgrade than to reinstall.

If I have a lot of non-original software installed, SuSE may want to
remove it.  So I have to reinstall, usually with a newer version
anyway...

The upgrade has always worked.

-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
678-697-9420

>>> james at sumners.ath.cx 01/15/05 11:07 AM >>>
I seriously hope that is not the established method for upgrading SuSE
without
problems. I want to upgrade my grandfather's installation and I
certainly won't
do all that.

Does anyone else have any experiences with updating SuSE?

--
James Sumners
http://ug.dyndns.org/~jsumners/

"All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological
personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to
the
corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a
condition to which they are quickly addicted."

CH:D 59