[ale] Debian sound part II

Jay Loden jloden at toughguy.net
Sat Jan 15 10:39:11 EST 2005

On Saturday 15 January 2005 10:27, Geoffrey wrote:

> Since 7 is usually set aside for the parallel port, try disabling the
> parallel port in your bios to see if things change.  If they do, but you
> need the parallel port, then you'll need to shuffle some irqs around me
> thinks.

Parallel port is already disabled :(

The interrupts listed in /proc/interrupts also appear to change.
As of right now, it says:

  0:   49594130          XT-PIC  timer
  1:     127016          XT-PIC  i8042
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  6:     923698          XT-PIC  yenta, orinoco_cs
  8:          4          XT-PIC  rtc
  9:       7579          XT-PIC  acpi
 10:          5          XT-PIC  ohci_hcd, yenta
 12:     806177          XT-PIC  i8042
 14:      83435          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:        598          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
ERR:         41

instead.  I've noticed that despite running alsaconf, et al, The install still
thinks I have no sound cards.  I'm getting really low on ideas, and I'm
tempted to do a reinstall right now, except that I'm really happy with the
state of everything else.  I've spent two days on this in IRC and google
trying to get help and so far it's been a dry hole.

-Jay