[ale] Newbie and Dual install

Preston Boyington preston.boyington at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 13 09:09:59 EST 2005

ringo wrote:
> Apparently the SUSE Personal edition doesn't have the GCC compiler in
> it, what's the next best downloadable version that would have it?
> Ringo

aren't you able to do an internet update and install software through
YAST2?  you should be able to pick what you want under the "add
software" (or SuSE equivalent) and have it download/install on your
machine.  even on a dialup connection it is bearable.

do you have a network card in your laptop?  maybe you could get
permission to download the software from your schools computer lab.  if
you have a supported wireless card then you could go to some place that
offers free wifi for their customers.  we have several coffee shops,
restaurants, and even hotels that offer free internet access.

i can update my debian install over two grandes. ;-)

Preston