[ale] Newbie and Dual install

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Jan 12 18:48:56 EST 2005

William Bagwell wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 January 2005 05:58 pm, ringo wrote:
>
>>I was thinking of going to FRY's and picking up a real copy of SUSE, but
>>looking on the webpage it says it costs $90, is this normal?
>
> This sounds like a power-pack price. In Mandrake a plain boxed set with
> manuals is about half this. Download edition from a cheep CD vendor such as
> cheapbytes.com (or others) runs about $10.

I'm not sure what you mean by powerpack.  It's likely the pro version of
SuSE based on that price.

> Just checked and they have SUSE for $9.

I think not.  Maybe the live eval for that price.  I see Suse 9.2 pro
for $85 at cheapbytes.  Gotta link for the $9 one?

> May also find it with a magazine for about this same price. Check a large
> bookstore such as Barns & Nobel (sp). Last months Linux Magizine had SUSE,
> perhaps some other one will have it this month.

You're not going to get Suse 9.2 pro for $9, it's not going to happen.
I'd love for someone to prove me wrong though.

--
Until later, Geoffrey