[ale] Dual Adaptec 2200S Card on Redhat ES 3.0 x86_64

Drag0n dragon at atlantacon.org
Tue Jan 11 10:43:45 EST 2005

    I have had similar issues with 2 of the same cards in a system being
recognised in different orders from the bios and kernel. I normaly turn
off the bootable bios in the external card, that gives you the freedom
to swap the order of the cards in the system to initialize properly. As
the external drives won't have any OS data on them, they don't need to
be able to load a scsi boot bios.
    Another less popular option is to boot from a floppy so it doesnt
matter how the cards are ordered in the system.

Drag0n
dragon<at>atlacon.org