[ale] Python - read in text minus "\n"

Jay Loden jloden at toughguy.net
Sat Jan 8 16:49:59 EST 2005

I randomly stumbled across what i wanted in the Python docs:

def serv_list():
 grep_tsk = os.popen("grep -l \"start|stop\" " + init_dir + "*")
 files = grep_tsk.read().splitlines()
 grp_tsk.close()

 return files

splitlines([keepends]):
Return a list of the lines in the string, breaking at line boundaries. Line
breaks are not included in the resulting list unless keepends is given and
true.

Thanks for the help though!
-Jay