[ale] apt-get ques for Debian users

James Sumners james at sumners.ath.cx
Fri Jan 7 15:37:54 EST 2005

Packages are usually held back because they have new dependencies. You could
either a) `apt-get install package_name`, b) `apt-get dist-upgrade`, or c) use
something like Synaptic to do a "smart upgrade" (basically does dist-upgrade for
you). If you go with option A you will be able to see what the new dependencies
are and make decisions from there.