[ale] OT - Linux Based Web Hosting Services

Alan Dobkin ALE at MaestroIT.com
Fri Jan 7 09:59:29 EST 2005

On 1/7/2005 8:54 AM, Geoffrey wrote:

> Bob Kruger wrote:
>
>> Storage - 30GB
>> Bandwidth - 600GB
>

> Both Speedfactory and 1and1 provide such services, you might check
> them out.  Speedfactory might be a better solution since they are
> local (if you are, you never know anymore on this list. :) )

Yes, but neither of them even come close to making the ridiculous claims
for storage space or bandwidth that Bob selected from Canaca.com.

There are many decent web hosting providers, including those local in
Atlanta, that offer more reasonable plans at fair prices.  But if Bob's
client really needs that much storage space or bandwidth and expects
reliability, then I think the monthly cost will rise considerably for
service from a reputable provider.

Alan