[ale] Crossover cable or CAT 5e question

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Thu Jan 6 11:22:24 EST 2005

Hi All,

I am setting my Linux box up as a router for a dsl connection. At
present a Windows XP box is all that will be connected to it. I have not
been able to locate a definite answer as to whether I have to use a
crossover cable to connect them or if I can use regular CAT 5e. At
present the windows box says the cable is disconnected (not true). I
just wanted some feedback before I plopped down the money for a
crossover. This is my very first venture down the path of networking.

Thanks,

Jim Seymour