[ale] Distro Reply

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Jan 5 13:35:42 EST 2005

james at sumners.ath.cx wrote:

> Debian is stable. You know what you are getting with Debian. I don't see
> why anyone would use something else on a machine that needs to be
> reliable.

Now who's being narrow minded?  Nothing else but Debian?  So you don't
think Red Hat, Mandrake, SuSE provide the stability of Debian?

I'm not knocking the stability issue.  Point is, I'm running SuSE 9.2 on
a number of boxes and they are all rock solid. All running a 2.6 kernel.
  SuSE 9.0 on a fileserver that's been up 7x24 for at least a year.

--
Until later, Geoffrey