[ale] Get this, guys...

Jerald Sheets jsheets at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 5 10:36:47 EST 2005

I don't have to.  I make more.

"get Used to it" is a perennial problem that folks in
our industry need to remove from their vocabulary.
Continually taking that kind of money for
all-inclusives is pricing everyone (including
yourself) out of the market.  In 15 years when you're
trying to feed your family, and you can't because
hiring managers think they can have Sr. IT people for
30k (based in part on your contribution to the
problem), I'll bet your attitude will be quite
different.

This happened in the 80's to those of us who were
electronics techs.  We had a nice living in Baton
rouge (at the time) at $10/hr.  (Hey...I was 20)  As
people started to get out of the military with
high-end electronics training, they'd take the same
gigs for 7-9$/hr, and completely took the market from
we who had been doing it in town for awhile.  Sure,
they had the jobs and were happy then, but a mere 5
years later, they were moaning and complaining they
couldn't break the ceiling.

they caused the problem, then they had to live with
it.  don't let it happen to you too.

--J