[ale] firefox on Linux questions (middle click close tab)

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 09:19:51 EDT 2005

On 4/25/05, Christopher Bergeron <christopher at bergeron.com> wrote:
> Ok, I'm now running Linux as my preferred desktop of choice.  However,
> I've noticed that in Linux, when I middle click on a tab in Firefox, it
> doesn't close the tab.  In fact, sometimes I get very bizarre/unrelated
> websites that appear in the tab.
>
> Does anyone have any idea what this behaviour is, and how I can set FF
> to close a tab when it's middle clicked on (with the mouse wheel; I'm on
> x86 not PPC).

Is it showing you results of a middle-click pasting in the location
bar, perhaps?

Try TabbrowserPreferences extension - it handles this sort of thing
well.  TabbrowserExtensions is good, but supposedly a heavyweight;
there's a project to 'remake' it as a more well behaved extension.

--
Better Living Through Bitmaps