[ale] Basic web design fee

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Tue Apr 26 01:34:10 EDT 2005

Mike, I specifically prefaced my email to Paul by saying, "If I were
you".  I too, charge quite a bit for my web services (on the rare
occasion that I accept that kind of work). When I do, I offer complete
solutions - not just webpages.

Paul sounds like a younger fellow and he's obviously interested in what
he's doing.  I think we should encourage him (ALL OF US, were there at
one time or another), and help him achieve his goal.  ALE isn't just a
group of elitist Linux hackers;  we're also one of the more respected
[Linux related] solutions providers.  I can't back that statement up
empirically, however, I have noticed a significantly disproportionate
number of ALE related results when I search for anything Linux related.
ALE is without-a-doubt one of the most/more significant LUGs on the web.

That said, let's help him by providing him with a solution; not rhetoric
or how much better are/would charge to do the work that he would enjoy
doing.

Sorry for the tirade.
-CB