[ale] Shell process control : Manipulating a process after having logged out and then logging in again

Aditya Srinivasan sriad at uab.edu
Mon Apr 25 19:27:00 EDT 2005

Hi all,

If I start a process in the background; log out; and then log in again ...
how can I have the process direct its stdout to my terminal session ?

For example ... I started a long running process .. halted it ...
restarted it in the background ... Then I logged out and have logged in
again. I'd like to be able to see what it is sending to stdout.

Where does it send its output when I log out ?

Thanks,
sriad