[ale] Basic web design fee

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 15:35:13 EDT 2005

I suppose it depends on what you consider 'no-frills'. I usually charge $150
for a 10 page site, including the first month's hosting and 1-year domain
registration. I assume that the content is mostly available, though, and
provide the CSS and structure more than content creation.

For normal maintenance, I end up charging either $20 per incident, or $40
per month, depending on what they're looking for.

If I was doing this for a close friend, though, I'd probably do it for close
to free. Say $50 including the first month hosting and 1-yr registration.
And then arrange some form of grazing for future fixes/maintenance (ie they
feed me to fix it).

WMM

On 4/25/05, Patrick Bartkus <list at trudiedolls.com> wrote:

> What is the going rate for putting up a basic web site?
>
> I've thought of offering my services to an aquaintence or two to do them a
> few simple web pages.
>
> The scope of work would be 1) register a domain, 2) arrange one of those
> $9.95/month web hosting plans, 3) use the Front Page wizards to put up a
> basic web site. This is nothing real creative, no fancy graphics, no fancy
> CGI work.
>
> What do you charge for a simple, no-nonsense site?
>
> Also, what about ongoing maintenance? I assume that most people charge an
> hourly rate. What is a fair rate?
>
> I'm not trying to take anybody's business, just earn a little extra from
> my less-techie friends.
>
> Patrick

http://warrenmyers.com
"Don't let the elephants see what the rabbits are doing." --Ben R Rich
"He looks like a contented Christian with four aces." --Mark Twain