[ale] Hylafax help

H. Adrin Story adrin at haswes.homelinux.org
Sun Apr 24 11:48:03 EDT 2005

Oh I had a lot of fun with this one weekend.   Got it to work and have
only used it once.

I had server problems with the modem port setup.  You need the server
line in your /etc/inetd.conf file or xinetd.   Also, /etc/inittab needs
to have the port info in it. You also need to add the faxusers.  I think
this gave me a problem just like what you are talking about.  And as far
as the modem goes make sure that ATS0=1 or some number other than zero.

Humm looks like I # out the hosts.hfaxd as to allow any user.

Good luck