[ale] Debian and Palm Pilot

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Sat Apr 23 17:53:17 EDT 2005

Hi All,

I have never been able to get my Palm to connect to my Debian Sarge
system to backup, etc. It uses the pilot-link program and I would like
to stick with that if possible. I have added myself to the dialout
group, created the symlink /dev/pilot and set permissions on /dev/ttyS1
to 666. The pilot and the computer do not seem to be able to
communicate. I can run gnome-pilot program however they never see each
other and it fails. Ideas??????? Does not work as root either.

Thanks,

Jim Seymour

--
Windows is open sores - subject to recurrent festering infections. eewww
Linux is open source - subject to recurrent scrutiny of hackers. aahhh