[ale] IMAP slowness

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Apr 22 10:12:16 EDT 2005

There may be hack I can do int .procmailrc that will implment a quota
foe me without having to upgrade the kernel and etc.  This quota could
be for mail only.

I could write a perl program that calculates the size of the Mailbox
files for a user whenever a mail comes in.  .procmailrc will simply
execute this program when a mail comes in.

Kinda like this:

:0fw
| checkquota.pl

If the quota has not been met the mail is simply passed through.  If it
has been met then this program will simply dump it to an overflow bin
then send the user an email stating that they received an Email from
user at domain.com at data with subject and that it could not be placed in
the users INBOX due to quota restriction.  It was saved and will be
moved back to the users inbox when quota requirements have been met.

I can either manually move them or make the program even smarter that
whenever it does execute it can move the stored emails into their proper
place.