[ale] professional groups / associations

Mark Wright mpwright at speedfactory.net
Thu Apr 21 21:15:15 EDT 2005

With healthcare savings accounts and a policy that only covers major
items and hospitalization you can really make out well.  You get to
keep the money in the savings if you don't use it tax free at
retirement.

Three years ago I had a policy through Mid-western National life that
covered hospital stuff and self insured for the little stuff before the
savings accounts were available.  I have Blue Cross now but I am
thinking about the healthcare savings accounts again.  Last year my
wife, I and four kids didn't spend enough in doctor visits to equal our
premiums to BCBS.  I know that is how it is supposed to work but if
that money was going to a savings account instead of BCBS I would still
have it.  The premiums I was paying Mid west a few years ago for the
hospitalization/ catastrophic injury plan was about $250 a mo for the
fam.