[ale] professional groups / associations

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Thu Apr 21 20:32:52 EDT 2005

Not to be depressing, but...

It's bad now, I suspect it will get worse. Just remember to shop around
every two or three years just like the big corps do, or the premiums can
become _really_ impressive.

I gave up when my annual bill broke $10K with a $2500 deductable. For
three people, two of whom were minors. When they had seen 1 claim in 10
years (which they declined of course - deductable not met). I went
looking for new coverage, but I'm now pretty much uninsurable by myself.

One scheme I've heard of is to consult for somebody, but word the
agreement so that you can join their group policy on your nickle. I
haven't tried that yet, but it seems like it should work.

Good hunting!