[ale] RE: Open Exchange Query

Mark Wright mpwright at speedfactory.net
Thu Apr 21 13:45:37 EDT 2005

I tried open exchange but could not get it to work.  I ordered an eval
copy.  It installed with SUSE server.  The instructions said I had to
configure it with a browser but the server would not respond to the
default IP/port in the doc.  I messed with it for a week or so then had
to move on.  SUSE violently opposes any install support on there
evaluation stuff.  I tried to contact a local SUSE pro vendor to get a
little support for the install but they directed me back to SUSE's web
site.

I was installing this as a  demo to a private school over the summer in
03.  I was sure that I could get it running and then after a few weeks,
tell them that they were using it and were free form the impending
upgrade that they were claiming they couldn't afford.  Oh well, it
turns out they were lying to me about there future plans and how broke
they were anyway.  Our relationship didn't last much longer.