[ale] Perl Obfuscation

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Thu Apr 21 11:16:39 EDT 2005

[...]

    Geoffrey> I recall a perl compiler a while back.  Wouldn't
    Geoffrey> converting it to a binary be an even better obfuscation
    Geoffrey> solution?

The Perl compiler's really more of a proof of concept thing (see
perldoc -q 'compile my Perl').  Not to mention most of the
perl-to-binary packages really just package up the source with a
speciallized perl interpreter in one single file.

Granted this will change with Perl 6 and Parrot when *cough* it comes
out and you'll be able to just ship Parrot bytecode.

fletch at phydeaux.org|  Vincent, you should cease askin'          \ o.O'