[ale] Funny documentation, Smb4K

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Tue Apr 19 23:10:47 EDT 2005

Taking a class using SUSE, taught with a RedHat centric book, and
doing my homework on Mandrake. Story of my life:) Working on file & print
sharing this week and lacking some of the SUSE tools, (without rebooting)
decided to install *every* package involving Samba.

Of little use to the class, (basically a replacement for LinNeighborhood)
Smb4k 0.4.0 does in fact work.... The handbook however, is left over from
version 0.1 and is by far the strangest documentation I have ever seen.

"Chapter 1. Introduction

 Smb4K 0.1 is a program that lets you do absolutely nothing. Please report
any problems or feature requests to the KDE mailing lists."

"More Smb4K 0.1 features

It slices! It dices! and it comes with a free toaster!

 The Squiggle Tool  is used to draw squiggly lines all over the Smb4K 0.1
main window. It's not a bug, it's a feature!"

"Chapter 4. Developer's Guide to Smb4K 0.1

 Programming Smb4K 0.1 plugins is a joy to behold. Just read through the
next 66 pages of API's to learn how!"

"5.1. My Mouse doesn't work. How do I quit Smb4K 0.1?

You silly goose! Check out the Commands Section for the answer.

5.2. Why can't I twiddle my documents?

You can only twiddle your documents if you have the foobar.lib installed."

"Configuration

Don't forget to tell your system to start the dtd dicer-toaster daemon
first, or Smb4K 0.1 won't work !"

Guess we can add "Funny" to the list of what "F" stands for in RTFM.

More weird stuff in the license agreement.... Off to "twiddle" my
documents;-)
--
William