[ale] dump and ACL's

Chris Ricker kaboom at oobleck.net
Sat Apr 9 08:10:34 EDT 2005

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005, James P. Kinney III wrote:

> OK. I'll dig it up and see if it will back port (?) to RH4/Centos4

It should

> <rant> seems like a shot in the foot to ship an enterprise product
> without a working backup and restore procedure for complete replacement
> of the filesystem.</rant>

*shrug* Red Hat has recommended not using dump for years for other
reasons. Add in that even the author of dump is a little nervous about the
EA support changes on the restore side and considers them quite beta
still....

> Hmm. Looking for star on Centos4 and not finding it. see rant above.

It's there

Warning though: it's written by Joerg Schilling, with all that that
implies ;-)

later,
chris