[ale] Burning CDs

Sean Kilpatrick drifter at oppositelock.org
Fri Apr 8 18:42:02 EDT 2005

On Friday 08 April 2005 04:23 pm, Robert Heaven wrote:
| When I changed from RH to FC I had to change the "dev=" parameter in
| cdrecord from "dev=b,t,l" to "dev=/dev/hdc". Under FC2/3 you must use
| that naming convention to burn a CD.

okay, I am now s-l-o-w-l-y whittling away at this.
Following your suggestion, I tried this comand:

> /usr/bin/cdrecord dev=/dev/hdc driveropts=help -checkdrive

and that produced useable output. That is, cdrecord correctly
identified the drive.
But cdrecord wants the options/switches to look like this:

> /usr/bin/cdrecord dev=b,t,l driveropts=help -checkdrive

where dev=b.t.l   So that would seem to leave me wondering how to
rewrite, reconfigure cdrecord so that when it is called by another
program it uses the correct syntax for kernel 2.6.x?  Somehow I
doubt that is trivial.

Which leaves me with my original question:  is there any CD-burning
software (with a GUI) that will work with the 2.6 kernel?

Sean