[ale] openoffice vs. starofc

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Wed Apr 6 23:56:20 EDT 2005

On Wednesday 06 April 2005 10:54 pm, James Sumners wrote:

> About the only difference I have ever noticed is, StarOffice has a
> grammar checker while OpenOffice does not.
>
> http://wwws.sun.com/software/star/openoffice/docs/SO_Comparison_OOo.pdf

Which grammar checker? I only see references to "document filters (e.g
WordPerfect)" and "Licensed commercial quality spell checker and thesaurus"
are they licensing it from WordPerfect?

Sorry, have not used StarOffice in several years, (Whatever version came
with Mandrake Power Pack 8.0) and had no need of one back then.

BTW, OpenOffice may soon have a rudimentary grammar checker. Nothing to get
excited about yet, unless English is not your native language. The one I
tested was pretty much useless for a native. Even one who butchers English
as badly as I:)
--
William