[ale] Re: Anyone having problems with comcast now?

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 22:51:13 EDT 2005

On Apr 2, 2005 12:28 AM, H. A. Story <adrin at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Humm,
>
> Would the DNS sever cause this problem?
> I changed to Bellsouth recently.  I noticed that one of the DNS servers
> is actually a caching DNS server. Hosts that are actually dynamic will
> get a seemingly a old stale IP address.  I have not change back to check
> and see if the DNS has updated yet. That was last weekend.

DNS would make some sense as I do play a couple games with DNS
internally, but the fact that I would get a connection confuses me.  I
could get a connection, and get valid error codes if I type the wrong
thing with telnet, but when the right protocol is followed, say with
wget, the connection would hang.  Weird.

Michae;