[ale] Question for the SUSE users on the list

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Sun Apr 3 14:01:45 EDT 2005

I've had a problem with kernel updates in the past, and I've been able
to boot with the live trial disk and revert to the kernel backup that
YaST created,  You could do the same with the CD1, but I like navigating
with Konqueror, so the live trial is easier for me.
-jt

>>> patrick.trettenbrein at gmx.net 04/03/05 12:00 pm >>>
Am Sonntag, 3. April 2005 17:49 schrieb Trey Sizemore:
> OK, I did a dummy thing.? I updated my kernel with apt but didn't
> configure it before rebooting.? Now when the system boots, I'm getting
> kernel panic.? How can I get this fixed.? Running SUSE 9.2.
>
> Thanks.

Maybe you can run the SuSE-recovery system from the SuSE-CD1 and install
the
original SuSE Kernel rpm?

Patrick
Patrick Trettenbrein - patrick.trettenbrein at kdemail.net
GnuPG fingerprint: 312B 561F B0E9 1DB5 CE5B A9CB 831A 1994 E9A3 0010