[ale] XFree86 "virtual size"

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sun Sep 26 19:46:46 EDT 2004

David Corbin wrote:
> Tried it.  My laptop says it's 60Hz too, but no effect.  There are other log
> entries that indicate various resolutions are not compatible with the
> vrefresh, vsync, hsync, etc.

Virtual xdim ydim
     This optional entry specifies the virtual screen resolution to be
used. xdim must be a multiple of either 8 or 16 for most drivers, and a
multiple of 32 when running in monochrome mode. The given value will be
rounded down if this is not the case. Video modes which are too large
for the specified virtual size will be rejected. If this entry is not
present, the virtual screen resolution will be set to accommodate all
the valid video modes given in the Modes entry. Some drivers/hardware
combinations do not support virtual screens. Refer to the appropriate
driver-specific documentation for details.

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995