[ale] XFree86 "virtual size"

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 26 17:09:43 EDT 2004

On the 20" LCD displays from Dell I had to specify 60Hz exactly in the
vertical refresh part of the XF86Config file.  Otherwise the driver
would try to go a tad higher and then not be able to initialize the
display.  Your display documentation ought to give you an exact
frequency for vertical and horizontal rates for a given size.  Specify
them exactly and you might get further.
Dow