[ale] SMC2402W

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Sep 23 20:36:13 EDT 2004

Jeff Hubbs wrote:
> FWIW, I have been using a Netgear WG511 PC card with joy.  I've had it
> for a few months now.  It Just Works if you follow the gospel on
> www.prism54.org.  I can't recall if you need to select appropriate
> kernel support or not.

I've got a 3com OfficeConnect 11g (3crwe154g72) pcmcia card that uses
the prism54 driver.  You have to be careful though, I understand there's
different versions.  Mine is Version 1.0 made in Taiwan.

I've also got an smc 2802w pci card that works like a champ with the
same driver.  Again, you must be careful with version #s, I believe mine
is a version 1, but I don't see any markings telling me what version it is.

You can download the firmware from http://www.prism54.org/firmware/

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995