[ale] Cyrus -vs- Washington IMAP (and any others)

J.M. Taylor jtaylor at onlinea.com
Thu Sep 23 09:13:57 EDT 2004

I run Cyrus, but only because I didn't want to create local accounts...and
then when I got out of the 50,000 account management game, it's what I
knew how to set up and manage.  It seems that your plain old boring old
Washington IMAP is somewhat better supported than Cyrus, and believe me
managing Cyrus can be a pain, esp with non-sasl authentication.  If you've
already got local accounts, I'd go with Washington.

Good luck on the migration

--
Jenn Taylor
jtaylor at onlinea.com

Obviously, a man's judgement cannot be better than the information on which he
has based it.  Give him the truth and he may still go wrong when he has
the chance to be right, but give him no news or present him only with distorted
and incomplete data, with ignorant, sloppy or biased reporting, with propaganda
and deliberate falsehoods, and you destroy his whole reasoning processes, and
make him something less than a man.
-- Arthur Hays Sulzberger