[ale] Cyrus -vs- Washington IMAP (and any others)

Tejus Parikh tejus at vijedi.net
Wed Sep 22 23:21:34 EDT 2004

Hey,

I've had a good deal of success from running a qmail/courier-imap
combination on my, admittedly very small, domain.  I also use sqwebmail
for webmail.  All three programs integrate very well, and were
relatively easy to set up and configure.  Plus, they all use the NFS
safe maildir mail storage format.  I found some site that claims to have
an qmail rpm at http://qmail.bec.at/rpms/var-qmail/glibc-2.3.1/.  If
that doesn't work, try a search for netqmail, which may turn up
something more useful.  Courier-IMAP is available from www.inter7.com
and a google search shows up a bunch of matches.

The qmail-scanner project can integrate qmail with clam-av and
spamassasin, but I'm not sure if you can get it via rpm.