[ale] Firefox beats million-download deadline in just 6 days

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Wed Sep 22 06:16:45 EDT 2004

Doug McNash wrote:

>I download it on 3 of my home machines last weekend so I did my part.  I
>still need to upgrade my work machines.
>
>Fixing up the jre and other plugins is a pain on linux.  I wish they
>could do a better job there.  Overall I really like Firefox.

2 Easy answers:
a) If you are the sole user of the machine, move the plugins into
~/.mozilla/plugins, which doesn't have to change just because you
upgrade Firefox.
or
b) Install the new version into a new directory.  Move the plugins
directory from the old install to the new install (probably shouldn't
overwrite the libnullplugin.so).  If you copy, be sure links stay links.