[ale] Firefox & IE ... yada yada yada

Jonathan Rickman jdr at xcorps.net
Tue Sep 21 19:15:08 EDT 2004

You're right Jim. Long day. Too testy. If you really want to get rid of IE
on XP, then the quickest way to do it is probably to drop a fake IE into the
dllcache (firefox.exe renamed, for example), delete the real one, and then
run 'sfc /scannow' from the command line. WFP will gladly drop the firefox
executable in place. Then run 'sfc /scanonce' and reboot so that WFP will
grab the fingerprint of the new and improved IE. This will kinda do what you
were talking about earlier. No guarantees on stability though. My experience
has been that systems that have IE removed are extremely buggy. You have two
systems that already have it removed, one of which is XP. So I'm really
confused at what it is your asking. If you already have a system with it
removed, then why the original question?

--
Jonathan "having a bad Monday" Rickman