[ale] Firefox & IE ... yada yada yada

james at sumners.ath.cx james at sumners.ath.cx
Tue Sep 21 14:46:17 EDT 2004

You would like to think so but that isn't accurate. Yes, you can go to
add/remove programs and "uninstall" IE, and you don't have to install
SP1 to do it. But, it does nothing other than remove the shortcuts and
mime type references to the program. It is still installed and Windows
will still use it to display web pages and help files. The ONLY way to
"uninstall" it is to get a third party utility that will do it. And then
chances are great that the system is no longer going to work properly if
at all.

Gee, I wonder why MS wanted to make it such an integral part of the
operating system.

--
James Sumners
http://ug.dyndns.org/~jsumners/

"All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted."

CH:D 59