[ale] OT: Can MS IE Really Be This Broken?

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Mon Sep 20 19:45:59 EDT 2004

[...]

    Geoffrey> Any time I hear someone talk about CSS, I can only sigh.
    Geoffrey> If you're going to do any amount of CSS, you'll end up
    Geoffrey> with at least two different sets, one for IE and one for
    Geoffrey> everyone else.  CSS is hardly the perfect solution.  I
[...]

Get thee a copy of the Zeldman book post haste.

http://zeldman.com/dwws/

I was of a similar mindset due to bad experiences back in the CSS1
timeframe, but once you take the plunge (and with the caveat that you
don't have to work the same with anything of prehistoric vintage (NS
4)) doing layout with CSS is well worth it.